Margarita Chicken with Goat Cheese
- 8 to 10 chicken thighs bone in skin on.
- 6 ounces plain goat cheese
- 1 cup white wine
- 1 Tbs olive oil
- One jar Terrapin Ridge Farms Margarita Jelly
- In a bowl or large ziplock bag place chicken thighs and 1 jar Terrapin Ridge Farms Margarita Jelly.
- Mix the jelly and the chicken thighs so the thighs are completely coated. Allow to marinate for 30 minutes.
- In a hot skillet add Olive oil then add the Terrapin Ridge Farms Margarita Jelly coated chicken thighs skin side down.
- Allowed to sear without moving.
- Let the chicken thighs cook skin side down until the skin becomes slightly crispy and The edges start to become caramelized. Then gently turn the chicken thighs.
- Reduce the heat to medium low and cook the other side until the chicken comes to 160°F.
- Remove chicken from pan
- Pour in white wine to deglaze the pan. Use a wooden spoon or spatula to loosen all the cooked bits on the bottom of the pan. Allow to simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- Add 4 ounces of goat cheese, whisk into the sauce, simmer until the sauce begins to thicken.
- Serve the chicken thighs on top of rice or pasta and pour the sauce over the thighs add a bit of extra goat cheese if desired and garnish with limes.
- Season with salt and pepper.