2 brunch recipes for Mom!
This recipes in this blog post may look gourmet but they are oh so simple to make!
SAVE 20% with code MOM20 until May 12th, 2019.
Terrapin Ridge Farms Ham and cheese turnovers with Hot Pepper Berry Bacon Jam
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 sweet onion sliced thin
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- pinch of salt + pepper
- 2 sheets frozen puff pastry thawed
- 1/2 cup Terrapin Ridge Farms Hot Pepper Berry Bacon Jam
- 12 slices of ham thinly sliced
- 6 slice gruyere cheese
- 6 slices Emmental or gouda
- 1 egg beaten
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and add the butter. Add the
onions and cook about 10 minutes, stirring frequently, until softened. At this
point you want to slowly add the pineapple juice, a little at a time, letting
everything cook into the onions. Slowly add more until until you've added
all the pineapple juice. Cook until the onions are caramelized to your liking
and the pineapple juice has evaporated. Remove from the heat.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Roll out the puff pastry sheets and cut each sheet into 9 squares (18
squares total). Place squares on a piece of wax paper or parchment paper
(this will prevent sticking).
- Brush the Hot Pepper Berry Bacon Jam onto each square of puff pastry.
- Divide the onion mixture among the 18 squares, top with ham and swiss
cheese. Don't overfill, otherwise it will be very difficult to seal the edges.
- Brush egg wash around the perimeter of each pastry square and carefully
fold dough over filling to create triangles. Pinch the edges closed to create
a good seal. Generously brush the top of each turnover with egg wash.
Place on a parchment paper lined baking sheet.
- Note: at this point you can freeze them to bake and serve later. Or bake
and serve immediately.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until lightly golden. Serve immediately with a
sprinkle of chopped fresh thyme and flaky sea salt.
Brunch Baguettes with Chipotle Eggs
- 2 Baguettes, sliced lengthwise*
- Olive oil, to brush
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 thinly sliced heirloom tomatoes
- 8 large eggs poached
- 1 cup micro greens
- Terrapin Ridge Farms Spicy Chipotle
Mix the following for Goat Cheese spread
- 4 ounces fresh goat cheese
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 2 Tablespoons Terrapin Ridge Farms Spicy Chipotle (add more to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Heat a grill pan.
Brush the halved baguette with olive oil, and season with salt and pepper.
Put the bread onto a hot grill pan and grill cut-side down over high heat. Remove the grilled bread and spread the top of
the bread with the goat cheese spread.
Top each slice of bread with a few slices of tomato and a poached egg.
Top with extra spicy chipotle and micro greens.
Season to taste
Recipes and photos by the talented Sally Roeckwell from Table and Dish.