Fried Plantains with Everything Aioli
- 1. Cut each end off plantain and remove peel completely.
- 2. Cut the plantain into inch thick slices and put into a large bowl.
- 3. Sprinkle about 1 Â½ tbsp of salt over plantains and toss so that each piece is covered and set aside.
- 4. Pour oil into large skillet enough to cover the bottom and about Â½ inch deep
- 5. Once oil is heated, place plantains in skillet.
- 6. Cook for about 5 mins flipping to evenly brown on each side.
- 7. Take out of pan letting excess oil drip off.
- 8. Place on plate and quickly use a large spoon to press down to desired thickness they should be soft and easy to flatten.
- 9. After you have flattened each piece place them back into the hot oil and fry again for about 5 minutes flipping to even crisp and get golden brown.
- 10.When done place onto plate with a paper towel to soak up oil.
- 11.Slice up queso fresco to place on top and then top with our Everything Aioli!