Preheat oven to 450 degrees F and lay turkey in a roasting pan.
- Remove leaves from herb stems. Add thyme & rosemary to Terrapin Ridge Farms Bacon Aioli Squeeze Garnishing Sauce, combine well.
Rub Bacon Aioli/herb mixture all over outside and interior of the bird. Liberally salt and pepper the turkey. Add the celery and onion, inside and out and tuck the butter in the cavity.
- Roast turkey in 450 degrees oven for 30 minutes. Then turn the oven down to 350 degrees and insert the meat thermometer into the thickest part of the thigh, careful not to touch the bone.
- Continue roasting, uncovered, until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F.
Cover legs with foil partway through roasting if desired. Depending on size of the turkey, total cook time will be around 1 ½ -2 hours.
Once the thermometer reaches 165 degrees F in the thigh, check the internal temperature of the breast to make sure it reads at least 165 degrees F as well.
- Remove from oven. Cover loosely with foil and let rest for at 20-30 minutes, depending on size, before carving.
- Remember to reserve turkey drippings and juices for gravy.