Terrapin Ridge Farms Hot Habanero Bacon Glazed Fried Chicken Biscuit Sandwich
1 jar Terrapin Ridge Farms Hot Habanero Bacon Jam
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 TBLS pickle juice
- 2 teas cayenne pepper
- 2 teas chili powder
- 2 teas paprika
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 6 large biscuits
- Sliced pickles
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Peanut oil to fry
- In a large Ziploc bag, add your buttermilk, pickle juice, cayenne pepper, chili powder, paprika, and chicken thighs. Let marinate overnight.
- In another Ziploc bag or paper bag, add your all-purpose flour, salt, and pepper.
- In a large pot, fill 1/3 with peanut oil. Using a candy thermometer, heat oil to 300 degrees.
- Take your marinated chicken, shake off excess buttermilk, and add to flour bag.
- Shake well and make sure all chicken is coated with flour.
- Carefully add the chicken to the fry oil, three pieces at a time. Fry for about 8-10 minutes or until chicken reaches internal temperature of 165 degrees.
- Remove chicken and lay on paper towels to absorb excess grease. Repeat until all chicken is fried.
- In a microwave safe container, heat a quarter of a jar of Terrapin Ridge Farms Hot Habanero Bacon Jam. Carefully glaze chicken with jam.
- Recipe serves 6.